My 30-day Tumblr challenge has kept me busy — err, updated for the past days. Since I find the days 5 and 6 quite special in some way, I’m here to share ’em:
DAY 5: FIVE PLACES YOU WANT TO VISIT (and RE-VISIT)
5. Davao/CDO/Cam Sur – To pump back the adrenaline rush
4. National Museum – To appreciate the art that I took for granted during elementary field trips. I would really want to go back and take a look on Juan Luna’s Spoliarium.
3. Baguio City – To meet and talk with Eric de Guia or known as Kidlat Tahimik. I won’t mind redoing my thesis if I can only get him as my main source as well as Jerrold Tarog (OK, let’s not talk about crushes here).
2. New Bilibid Prison – Stay there for a week. Share and learn life lessons back
1. Batanes – Stay there for a month. Rediscover life
DAY 6: WHAT BAND OR MUSICIAN IS THE MOST IMPORTANT TO YOU
Now, this is a tough one. My life has been influenced by different kinds of music, loads of musicians, and tons of their craft regarding art and humanity.
But talking about someone dearest to me, I would say that it’s my dad. Without him, my love and interest for music would not be this great. He’s my main influence on my music preference (that’s why I’m into 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s music). I grew up in a place where melodies are around. Thanks to him randomly singing on noon time.
Here’s a photo of my “papa yes sir” and me trying to get the picture of what “I write the songs that make the young girls cry” means. And promise pop, I will buy you a magic sing videoke soon..