Interviewer: Why can’t you be alone without Yoko?
John Lennon: But I can be alone without Yoko, but I just have no wish to be. There’s no reason on earth why I should be alone without Yoko. There’s nothing more important than our relationship, nothing. And we dig being together all the time. Both of us could survive apart but what for? I’m not going to sacrifice love, real love for any whore or any friend or any business, because in the end you’re alone at night and neither of us want to be. And you can’t fill a bed with groupies. It doesn’t work. I don’t want to be a swinger. I’ve been through it all and nothing works better than to have someone you love hold you.
Because I enjoy the company of guys over most girls who talk about their boyfriends, make-ups, and how their dresses didn’t fit anymore.
“Nindot gyud ang mga laki nga barkada. Sige ra’g inom, sige ra’g joke ug katawa. Wa’y manlibak, wa’y negative energy, no bullsh*ts”
-Permanent roommate attesting how I love being with guy friends
Oh, by the way, It was Missing Filemon’s double gig on a Friday.
Yes, they still play — good, intoxicated, and wild.
Album Name: DUHA-DUHA
Release Date: November, 2011
WHO CAN JOIN:
- Anyone who’s 0 to 100 years old.
- Open to all MF fans. MF haters are still welcome because we’re nice people.
- Filipino, foreigners, aliens, anybody who understands the words “gugma” and “inun-unan.”
- Design must be based on the band’s image as the favorite of construction workers, habal-habal drivers and ex-convicts, and of course as an icon of Pogi Rock.
- Design must say something about the album as a product of collaboration with other local artists (that’s why “Duha-Duha”).
- Design may or not contain the album title “Duha-Duha.”
- Entries must be square, just like a CD cover. Last time we checked, the triangle CD had yet to be invented. And high resolution, please.
- Entries must respect copyrights laws. We love to play in prison facilities, but we don’t want to stay there.
- Entries must be orginal and made especially for this contest. Entries that had been submitted for Justin Bieber’s album covers are automatically rejected.
- Entries must not contain disrespect for any living things, must not harm plants and zombies, and must not make birds angry. Ug ginadili ang mga mahait nga pulong, sama sa atsa, tigib, sundang, kutsilyo, bangkaw, gabas, ug uban pa.
- And no pornographic material, please. We’ve had enough of each other’s boobs in the ten years we’re together.
- Each participant is allowed to submit not more than two (2) entries.
- Must be in full color
- Entries will be posted on MF Fan Page, where your relatives can like.
- The most number of likes may not necessariily be the winner, but will receive a special award.
- Contest launch: September 20, 2011.
- Deadline for submission of entries: October 21, 2011
PRIZES, OR LACK THEREOF:
- Of course, winning entry will be used as the official Duha-Duha album cover, silly.
- Winner will get a free “Duha-Duha” CD, MF accessories and a chance to have a one-night stand with any of the band members (please coordinate with the wife)
- Winner’s name and contact info will appear in the album credits.
- A high chair in front of the stage will be reserved for the winner during the album launching
- Awarding of the winner will be held on the album launch
- Winner will be acknowledged by the band during gigs, if they’re not too wasted to remember.
SUBMIT ENTRIES TO:
email@example.com, with your complete name and contact info.
Thanks and RAKENROL MGA BAI!
Follow us: https://twitter.com/MissingFilemon
Like us: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Missing-Filemon/168427226550202
Visit us: http://www.missingfilemon.com
Being hardcore music lovers, our initial plan was to have an old school rock themed Christening but the budget hindered us from completing the details. Invitations and program were thrown out the window. We did made a playlist for the ambiance music. But the hotel doesn’t have a connector. @#$%^!!! Since the giveaway is the only item that can possibly reflect our concept, we decided to personalize it with the thing that bonded us, the parents, together.
Eureka! Continue reading
Sugarfree's note on Facebook. Click to zoom.
It’s a sad, sad world for the fans of the Melancholic band Sugarfree.
After 11 years of great music, the band’s singer and front man Ebe Dancel has called it quits. He will be leaving the band by the end of February 2011 to focus on his personal musical pursuits. According to a news article, Dancel signed a contract with Warner Music for a solo career and already started recording last October 2010.
Still, Sugarfree will continue its journey in the music industry sans the signature voice of Dancel. Continue reading
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
Then the man decided to write about how we sleep, eat, relax, and make love with rockstars. And no, it’s not what you think it is.
NOW let’s talk about babies. Not that it’s Christmas, although we’ll get to that later, but because I’m an expectant father and everything that’s in my head right now are images of babies and baby stuff as I watch The Partner’s tummy grow bigger each day. In three months’ time, we will meet our firstborn face-to-face, and I expect our baby to flash me the Devil’s Horns, or the rock-and-roll hand gesture, as his/her first official act as the newest member of the human race. Continue reading